Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I can't keep quiet about You.

"I could care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way the sunlight amuses itself on water."

I'm on fire. I'm on fire for a King who created the entire universe, yet knows me and calls me by my name. For a King who loves me with a deeper love than I could ever imagine. How could I ever sit back and keep quiet about the One who volunteered to die for me, who took on my brokenness, my pride, my self-righteousness, my envy. Everything. I caused His death, yet He wants me to lay everything at His feet, to give it all to Him. WHAT? It doesn't make sense. How do we manage to go through life and just skim by this.

I've come to realize it more and more in college. How many broken people, just like myself, walk on this campus. Who I pass by every single day. Some who will never get to hear of this incredible love story, who will fill themselves with things that will not satisfy them, that will make them even more empty. He has called me, Sarah, to rise up, to GO.

{Isaiah 43:1}
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, Sarah;
I have summoned you, Sarah;
Sarah you are mine.

{Isaiah 61:1}
The Spirit of the sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the broken hearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released,
prisoners will be freed.

Today I have my interview to become a Young Life leader. To have the opportunity to do just what two of my leaders, now best friends did for me in high school. To enter into high schoolers lives and to live life with them. And along the way, to share the Gospel with them. Sharing that they are loved and chosen by Christ. That they are known and named by Christ. That they are fearless and safe in Christ. That they are brave, always with Christ. I can't keep quiet about Him. I'm overflowing with His joy and want nothing more to pour that joy and love into other people, so that they too can experience the richness of a life with the King.

2 comments:

  1. THIS. I love.

    The day I became a young life leader, my leader told me, "You get so much more than you give." This is so often the truth in ministry! What a joy it is to watch you come alive in Christ. We serve a merciful God, that he would use us instrumentally in the lives of broken people. I pray that you are strengthened by his ministry and that you let him use you with reckless abandon. He has mighty things in store for you, Sarah. :) And when it gets hard, I pray that you will lean on your church community and feel encouraged, knowing that even when we were hard to love, Christ loved us first. Go out there and be a fool for Jesus, loving kids for the sake of the kingdom!

    ReplyDelete